As of September 2016, the club runs 5 senior teams
- 1st team, currently in the Glos County League,
- Reserves, 3rd and 4th teams in the Bristol Suburban League,
- Veterans (over-35’s) team in the GFA Veterans League.
The senior club has a manager for each team. All other volunteer roles are performed by the players
As of September 2016, the club runs groups/teams from under 6s to under 16s.
- We concentrate on skills development and inclusiveness from under 6s to under 9s, with weekly skills sessions and organised friendlies on an informal basis against other teams
- From under 10 upwards, the emphasis is on developing the skills of the players in a competitive league environment.
The junior club is fortunate to have an enthusiastic and skilful set of volunteers.
As at March 2016, the club has
- 5 coaches qualified to FA Level 2
- another 40 coaches qualified to FA Level 1
- approximately 30 other non-qualified coaches/helpers
Each team / coaching group has at least 1 FA Level 1 coach and all volunteers have been CRB checked
The junior club has published a Junior Club Ethos and all players, parents and volunteers should be aware of its content.
Organisation and Structure
The club is organised into
- an Executive Committee, comprising of the Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, CWO (Child Welfare Officer) and 5 other club volunteers with at least one volunteer from the senior club
- a Junior Playing Committee, comprising of at least 1 volunteer from each team / coaching group
Each committee meets bi-monthly during the football season, and meeting minutes are recorded and kept.
The club’s main base is at Coombe Dingle Sports Centre, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol BS9 2BJ, along with the adjacent site at Stoke Lodge Playing Fields. This is where the seniors and the majority of the junior teams train and play matches. The junior U14 and U16 teams play at Bristol Grammar School Playing Fields
The club is affiliated to the GFA and is a member of the following leagues
- Gloucester County League
- Bristol Suburban League
- GFA Veterans League
- Avon Youth League
- Hanham Minor League
- Bristol Saturday Youth League
The junior club has created a formal link with Elmlea Junior/Infants School (the closest schools to the Coombe Dingle base). This link includes setting a target of allocating 33% of places in the introductory U6 group to Elmlea pupils.
The senior club has an informal link with the Sports faculty of Bristol University, with a view to encouraging university students to train/play with the senior teams
The club has an informal link with BLU (Bristol Ladies Union) FC.